Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
* Fee – Fee for the engagement. This could be a flat fee or an hourly fee.
* Fee arrangement – Management fee based upon your assets.
* Commission – if there were a particular product that fit your situation, we would be able to implement a product where the product company compensates us.
* Hybrid – Combination approach
Each implementation strategy has its benefits and its draw backs. The key catalyst for making a decision is based on your situation.
* Some people seek financial planning when a material life changing event has occurred or is expected to occur. Such events could be: Marriage, retirement, college planning, a death in the family, divorce, or the birth or adoption of a child.
* Sometimes, people need financial planning guidance when they are evaluating the financial merits of changing jobs, buying or selling a business, or purchasing a new home.
* Financial Planning can be extended to business owners as they seek to evaluate their current or prospective retirement plans, executive compensation, succession planning, or employee education.
* Others choose to create a retainer arrangement to have various financial planning services for their situation on an ongoing basis.
Financial Professional: A registered representative is an independent business owner who provides financial guidance to their clients and is typically paid a commission when you purchase a financial product. An Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) is an independent business owner who provides financial guidance to their clients and is generally paid a fee for either managing assets, giving advice, or both.
Investment Firm: A broker-dealer processes the commission business of registered representatives licensed with the firm and holds responsibility for regulatory compliance and adherence to securities laws. A Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) processes the fee-based business of IARs licensed with the firm and holds responsibility for regulatory compliance and adherence to securities laws.
Custodian: Securities transactions for Horter Investment Management clients are placed through Trust Company of America, TD Ameritrade and Jefferson National Life Insurance Company.
Your Investments: Mutual funds, managed accounts, stocks, bonds, etc.
Investment advisory services offered through Horter Investment Management, LLC, a SEC-Registered Investment Advisor. Horter Investment Management does not provide legal or tax advice. Investment Advisor Representatives of Horter Investment Management may only conduct business with residents of the states and jurisdictions in which they are properly registered or exempt from registration requirements.
Insurance and annuity products are sold separately.